[TriLUG] Current linux web mail software

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Aug 27 15:23:43 EDT 2004

So, since the topic du jour is web mail, what do people recommend for
web mail software?  If you run your own server, you can get the
convenience of web mail without ads, or having to be invited, or as many
privacy concerns.  :-)

The two I have experience with are IMP/Horde and Squirrelmail.  I use
squirrelmail right now on my personal e-mail server, because it was
trivial to install, but it's a bit clunky.  On the trilug mail server we
have IMP ( https://www.trilug.org/horde/imp/ if you have a shell/mail
account ).

Are there others out there?  Anyone done any careful comparisons of web
mail suites?

Jeremy