[TriLUG] recommendations for professional resume help

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 16:10:46 EDT 2004

--- Shane O'Donnell <shaneo at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> My two cents, embedded below...
>
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:13:03 -0400, Michael Hrivnak
> <mhrivnak at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> > 1. Be clear and concise.  One page only.  Make sure it is very well
> organized
> > so that on first glance, the reader instantly understands what information
> is
> > where.
>
> Maybe, but I agree with Tanner - a second page IF you need it

I've got 3 pages and no one has ever said the wiser to change it.  Highly
unlikely I ever will.  I honestly don't give a flip!  :)  I'd rather have
something nicely formatted and spread out a bit than crammed with tiny text and
almost no page margins.  Matter of fact, people have commented on how easily
they were able to read my resume.  Here's mine as it was June 2003:

http://www.turnpike420.net/~dmcdowell/David_McDowell.pdf

laters,
David M.