[TriLUG] Re: broadband option in the Triangle area

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Sat Aug 28 16:10:05 EDT 2004

Jeremy West wrote:
> You know the only thing I despise about RR, is when I call tech support.  They
> give me the standard first question on which o/s I'm using.  When I respond
> linux, they say say that they don't support linux.  Last time I called I was
> calling because we had severe packet loss.  I tried telling the guy I ddin't
> want help with linux, and that I wanted someone to take a look at my packet
> loss issue.  All he wanted to do was have me reboot my computer, clear my
> dns, etc.  He wouldn't even help me because I was using linux.  Drove me
> nuts.

Any time I have to call RR for support I push through the first line
support at the first hint of non-helpfulness from them because I'm
running Linux.  I never call them unless it's something not on my
computer anyway so hassling with the first-line script droids isn't
worth it.

--[Lance]
--
  Celebrate The Circle: http://www.celebratethecircle.org/