[TriLUG] [Fwd: MailScanner: Clam and SA3 installer]

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Aug 30 16:25:05 EDT 2004

It's just a forwarded message, Content-Type: message/rfc822 .  That's
not dangerous at all.  I tried using evolution, pine, and 'mail' to read
the e-mail and in neither circumstance did I see anything with ".eml" in
the attachment -- perhaps that was generated by your local reader?
Filename extensions shoudln't matter anyway, it's MIME types that make
the difference.

Sending forwarded emails using MIME type message/rfc822 is extremely
common and is not something I would be suspicious about by default.

Jeremy