[TriLUG] Survey for class focal points

Mike Broome mbroome at employees.org
Tue Aug 31 14:53:59 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 10:46:59AM -0400, Joseph Tate wrote:
> We're gearing up for future classes on the topics of Apache and Samba
> configuration.  Which of the below topics are interesting to you?  Are
> there topics that you would like to see covered that aren't mentioned?
>  I can't promise that we'll cover your topic, but appreciate all
> constructive input.  Please reply to the list.
>
> Apache:

For Apache, I am interested in the following (ranked in order):

- using the .htaccess to override configuration
- any security recommendations, tips and tricks
- setting up basic authentication
- overview of standard modules

> Samba:

For Samba, I am interested in the following (ranked in order):

- regarding Active Directory and Samba, what I'd most like to see is how
  to configure Samba at home in such a way that I can bring work work
  laptop (Win2k w/ AD) and seamlessly access the Samba shares on the
  home server
- maybe also configuring a standalone home Samba server for both
  AD and non-AD access.
- printing to a samba shared printer
- sharing a samba printer
- file sharing