[TriLUG] demoing F/OSS innovation(s)

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Tue Aug 31 16:13:25 EDT 2004

I second this idea!  I am right now developing a POS-ish front-end for our
salesmen to do away with one of the paper stages of our sales process, and
thereby integrating our current accounting solution (QuickBooks) with our
credit-card processing provider.  I would love to transition this company
completely away from QuickBooks eventually, and Bob has nailed a lot of my
concerns in that the QB solution already provides fairly stable integration
with UPS software, as well as being a full-featured bookkeeping suite.  I'd
love to see a F/OSS solution that effectively covers all the bases.
I wouldn't mind being on a development team for such a beast, either, for
whatever little use my meager skills would be..

Cheers,
~B