[TriLUG] OpenBBQ

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Wed Sep 1 11:35:49 EDT 2004

Matt Frye wrote:

>>Truth be said, keeping the alcohol *out* of the picture makes it a lot
>>easier to get things approved and reduces risk exposure.  Now, if someone
>>brought a plastic cup, I'm not gonna poke my nose in it...
>>

>What do people think of not having alcohol?
>
>MPF

I personally in no way require alcohol to have a good time.  I generally
think this is not unusual among the geek crowd, as a good portion of us
get our kicks off of the delirium inspired by silicon and copper as
opposed to wheat and barley.  But having said that, I'm not opposed to
others enjoying what ever recreational past times inspire them.  Still,
I'd generally agree with the consensus that not having alcohol makes
finding a workable venue much easier.

Aaron S. Joyner