[TriLUG] demoing F/OSSinnovation(s)

Brandon Newport bnewport at appws.com
Thu Sep 2 07:28:36 EDT 2004

Nagios is a great product.  I have it installed at several client locations.
I also have a small bank that preferred OpenNMS instead, so we went with that.
 Both are very good tools.  Nagios seems to have more functionality than
OpenNMS.  Both have a pretty good support system (forum/mailing list).

Personally I recommend Nagios.  I have not done anything with BB or BS so I
can not do a comparison.  I used to use DEMARC until they went commercial they
were pretty good and tied into snort too.

There is another tool out there right now that does
logs/monitoring/security/etc, but I cannot remember the name at the moment.
It looked pretty sweet.  If I find it I will post it.

-brandon