[TriLUG] On Topic: Apache1.x Vs. Apache 2.x

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Thu Sep 2 14:40:56 EDT 2004

<snip>
> At this point, I see no reason to use Apache 1.x.  It's the previous
> generation, and will is being phased out more and more.  Apache 2 was
> released prematurely IMO and had a number of flaws, but those have
> pretty much been fixed now.  I run squirrelmail on Apache 2 with no
> problems whatsoever, and I'm also running RT (request tracker) and
> several other apps; they're all rock solid.  YMMV, of course, but unless
> you have something specific I would just go with the latest.
>
> Jeremy
> --

Actually the Web server I am replacing already runs SM and Apache
2(without issue).  I was just curious if their were any die hard purists
that had some big technical reason to run 1.x as opposed to 2.x.  I
figured I would stay with 2.x but before I did thought I would stick it
out there for input.

Thanks,

Matt