[TriLUG] Re: Survey for class focal points

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 09:03:40 EDT 2004

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 09:38:25 -0400, Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp at pobox.com> wrote:
> Hi Kevin and all,
>
> I agree with Al that this past month's session was particularly
> technical, and I apologize that we didn't have a particularly precise
> description of the meeting ahead of time.

Jeremy,

I didn't mind technical sessions. Actually, I viewed last months
presentation as being a rather idiosyncratic chalk talk memoir of a
key RPM developer which delved into technicalities. As such it was
interesting, but not all that useful in getting a better grip on how
to use RPM, which is what I think most of the large audience was
expecting.  I would have come either way, but a better description of
what to expect would have left me less surprised.

On the other hand, having done jobs similar to the fine job that the
steering committee is doing, I know that you don't always know just
what kind of presentation an invited speaker is going to deliver.