[TriLUG] Network Guru Needed

Justin Skinner bofh at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 7 12:55:41 EDT 2004

I'd have to agree with Turnpike Man.  I've seen similar cases.  Are the swiches
at full-duplex (primarily on the uplink ports) ?  Have you added a new switch
recently or done an upgrade possibly on the running software ?

you might also want to look at the times this occurs.  I've seen similar
activities during first logons (9am ish) before and after lunch and then when
people are shutting down for the day.

cheers,

Justin Skinner
http://www.180mph.com