[TriLUG] Keeping track of system changes

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 15:29:02 EDT 2004

I've been playing with my personal linux system for about a year now,
tinkering, tinkering, always tinkering.

I've tried to keep notes on what I've done, not always successfully.

The thread about CVS has me thinking about what techniques and tools
others might be using to semi-automatically keep track of changes.

Using CVS to keep version trees of config files seems a little
heavyweight to me, is anyone doing anything like this or are there
other, better tools for that?

Most of my notes are kept in an Open Office word document. I've
thought about using something like a blogger tool for this (probably
kept behind the firewall). Are there better ways to keep semi-formal
notes?