[TriLUG] Sort of OT Job Posting or The quasi-literate at work

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 06:31:11 EDT 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 05:20:52 -0400, Jeff Groves <jgroves at krenim.org> wrote:
> Posting in case someone here can forgive this HR person's obvious quasi-literate status and
> for a good laugh:
>
>    http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=24080245
>
> Once again, one of those job descriptions where they want Superwoman/Superman to swoop-in and
> save their world.

It used to be that these were the jobs for which you could "swoop in"
and charge an absurd amount of money without doing much convincing
that your rate was reasonable.  Those times are gone, but I'm seeing
more companies willing to fork over the cash lately as compared with
the last three years.  These days, you have to know your stuff, and
that's a good thing.

MPF