[TriLUG] change xterm font color on-the-fly from command line

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Sep 13 09:53:54 EDT 2004

Hi,
  Is there a way to change the font color of an xterm session on-the-fly?
Say for example I started xterm like so:

$ xterm [other options] -bg black -fg red &

and I got tired of the red-on-black looking cool but being a hair too
difficult to read..  Am I doomed to close the current session and start a
new one with -fg [my new color choice] ?

Aha!  After Googling, I found out about editres.  Nifty!  However...  I'd
like to be able to do it from the command-line, rather than launching
another x-app to handle it.  Is there a command-line tool to change widget
resource values?  There must be, I mean how often in the *nix world does the
GUI app come before the command-line app?  heh..

TIA,
~Brian

Brian A. Henning
Strutmasters.com