[TriLUG] Linux, Vtund, and speakfreely saved the day

Ralph Blach rcblach at blach.dnsalias.org
Tue Sep 14 23:21:05 EDT 2004

Well, I love linux.  This help me make arrangements for my son to
evacuate from the path of Hurricane Ivan
very efficently.

Here the story.  My son goes to St Stanislaus, in Bay St. Louis,Ms and
he has a linux machine with
speakfreely and vtund.

We use vtund to keep a tunnel up between our two machines so that we can
use speak freely.

 Well, when it was late, and I need to contact him. I telneted to his
machine through the tunnel, and started the
speak freely speaker application.  I then started up the speakfreely
sfmike on my machine and was able to get his attention

He then made his taxi reservations to get to the airport

I love linux.

Chip