[TriLUG] Transferring audio cassettes to CDs with Linux

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Thu Sep 16 02:24:55 EDT 2004

Try Audacity.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It'll let you record an entire side into one big file, and then you can very
easily cut and paste to your heart's content to make individual tracks.

Hit record on the computer, hit play on the casette player, you know the rest.

For the sake of audio quality, use the best cassette player you can get your
hands on, and record at a high quality on the computer.  Onboard sound,
especially on a laptop, is also best avoided.

Michael Hrivnak