[TriLUG] plan9

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Sun Sep 19 13:56:08 EDT 2004

Mike M wrote:

>Anybody ever try plan9?  There was a claim on /. that OpenBSD wants to
>use the plan9 C compiler but have problems with the license (which
>I can see might be a problem for them).

For the small scoop on Plan 9, from a historical perspective, check out
this chapter from ESR's book entitled "Plan 9: The Way the Future Was".
If you're into programming in a *NIX environment, I'd highly recommend
the book.  It's available free online under the Creative Commons
license, or you can purchase a hard copy version from your local book
seller for in the $35 range.

http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/plan9.html

Aaron S. Joyner