[TriLUG] Windows Software Firewall Recommendations

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 20 09:37:18 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 09:15, Brian Henning wrote:
> > >The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the
> > >right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
> > >   --Dorothy Nevill
> > >

> > Thanks for the good advice, Dave.  I'm trying, but it's so tempting...
> >

> What has worked for me of late is to go ahead and type my ill-conceived
> takes me to type out my thoughts is enough time for the better-thinking half
> to click "Close" instead of "Send"...  That and enough times of already
> mouthing off and being taken to task for it. (-:
>
> Cheers,
> ~B

Wouldn't it be nice to have another list called:
  illconcieved_thoughts at trilug.org

We could finish typing those missives and then redirect them to the
appropriate channel. :-)

Normally, I just pop into IRC and burn off steam there. Hopefully no one
archives that... and if they do, hopefully they haven't decoded my
"burn" identity.

Jon Carnes