[TriLUG] fedora 2 core or wait on fedora 3

Jason White jason at jw2.org
Fri Sep 24 00:10:18 EDT 2004

* Gregory Woodbury (ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us) [040923 02:35]:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 09:28:16PM -0400, Ralph Blach wrote:

> > What about a usb keyboard and mouse?

> > Chip

> Right now I don't recall to clearly, but there were some problems with
> installing with USB mice.  If you can temporarily use ps/2 devices for
> the install and get all the updates, they should work thereafter.

I use a external USB mouse/keyboard with my thinkpad, and they
generally work fine.  Every third reboot or so, the USB keyboard
doesn't work, but if I unplug it for a few seconds, and then plug it
back in, it's fine.

The biggest problem I have with FC2 is nautilus getting in the way of
SMB and NFS mounts, and locking the machine hard.  There is a
workaround by using "killall -STOP nautilus; <mount your drive>;
killall -CONT nautilus", but it doesn't always work.  The better
workaround is to use a different window manager, like I'm doing with
enlightenment.  :)

(FC2 running 2.6.8-1.521)

Jason