[TriLUG] seeking WGET assistance, maybe LYNX is the answer ??

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Fri Sep 24 09:48:04 EDT 2004

Aaron S. Joyner wrote:

> Turnpike Man wrote:
>
>> Tom put in some interesting python code, again, python, perl, and
>> anything
>> outside of HTML, PHP, SQL are greek to me.  However, I'm still open
>> to such
>> options.
>
> Given this, what I'm about to suggest may be beyond your *current*
> abilities, but it's not terribly difficult.  With a little patience,
> the right tools, and friendly help from the list, anyone who can
> operate a web browser is capable of working through this.

Looking back I didn't go as far with my suggestions as I originally
planned.  To correctly talk to the device exactly as httpget.exe is, you
may need some custom <insert language of choice here> code if it's doing
something truly unusual.  Once you figure out exactly the queries it's
expecting, I'm sure one of us can throw together something simple to do
the trick, or point you in the direction of how to do it yourself, if
more than one/two lines of code are required.

Aaron S. Joyner