[TriLUG] [Fwd: Immediate Opening - Cluster Programmer - Linux andC/C++]

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 24 09:52:09 EDT 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Aaron S. Joyner wrote:

> More likely though, the recruiter just wants to strip out your contact
> information, attach his logo to make it appear as if you often work for his
> company, and forward it along to the company.  And that's much easier to do
> with a word doc than a PDF.

hmmm ... probably just my overwhelming naivete, but it never occurred
to worry about sending in resumes in a *modifiable* format.  perhaps
it's time to take a stand and, en masse, insist that companies start
accepting resumes in a format that can't be edited at their end.  of
course, there's nothing that prevents them from simply typing it in
again, but at least they'd have to put in some effort.

tilting against windmills, i'm sure ...

rday