[TriLUG] Re: [OT: flames, gmail, clusters, c++, top posting, bottom posting, linux, stuff, etc.( WAS: [Fwd: Immediate Opening - Cluster Programmer - Linux andC/C++]) ]

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 13:22:46 EDT 2004

matusiak wrote:

> between this BS, the gmail garbage, and the bottom-posting moron, i
> doubt there is any room in here for linux info.  perhaps the group
> should change its name and write a charter that *actually* describes the
> content of list discussions?

The flame-war stuff does get old, but it's hardly like there's no
valuable discussion going on either.  The WGET / LYNX thread seems
to have some value, and there's the thread about the Linksys WRT54G
rebate.

Reality is, there will always be noise.  The S/N ratio on this
list is usually pretty good, frequently just "OK" and rarely
"bad," IMHO.  I for one don't see any need for any specific
action to try and change things.  These things come and go in cycles...

Anyway, just my $00.02 worth...

Phillip R.
----
Free America - Vote Libertarian