[TriLUG] document plug ins/apps?

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 10:06:02 EDT 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:32:44 -0400, Christopher L Merrill
<chris at webperformanceinc.com> wrote:

> linux r wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a good open source pdf CREATOR type app that runs
> > over Fedora and/or possibly integrates with Ooo?  So far I have used
>
> Not sure what kind of integeration you are looking for, but in Ooo 1.1.3,
> the Writer app has a "Export to PDF" button.  Just tried it (on Windows)
> and it worked like a champ.  Is this not available in the Linux version?
>
> Or is it only there because I have Acrobat installed?

The old standby is ps2pdf, a command line utility that converts
Postscript (which any pretty print linux application generates) to
PDFs.  You could even set it up as a cups printer filter, check the
print to file button, and you're on your way.  First make sure that
the export to PDF option isn't available.

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com