[TriLUG] using dhcp with a wireless card

William Villalba wllmvillalba at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 26 20:10:17 EDT 2004

Dear All,

I am using a wireless card--Orinoco silver--with Suse 9.1. I have it set
restricted at home with a 64 wep key. I am trying to set it at the
university without overwriting my home settings. Everything seems to work
fine, but when I do #dhcpcd eth0, the card shuts down. For some reason I
cannot make dhcp to work. I have registered the card with the dhcp account
at UNC, so it provides an ip--I can see that it assigns one in Windows.
Does any one knows how to configure two different setting in two different
places using dhcp?
Thanks in advance...

william