[TriLUG] Debian

Jason S. Evans theologygeek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 12:21:52 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I have been using Debian for about 6 months now, and I am thrilled
about the speed and package selection that Debian offers, however I am
a little irrititated by the lack of confiiguration resources in
Debian.

I use webmin to configure servers and users, and xf86cfg to configure
to my graphics card.  However, there is very little support for
configuring other miscellaneous things like sound cards, tv tuner
cards, joysticks, menus, etc.

Has anyone ported over any of the configuration utilities from
Mandrake or SuSE into Debian, or is there any Debian based distros
that have better configuration.  I've played with Knoppix some and I
found it wanting in some areas.

Any help would be appreciated.