[TriLUG] Fwd: Safeco moves IT offshore

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 30 13:36:40 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 08:37:23AM -0400, Joseph Mack wrote:
> Mike M wrote:
>
> > Too bad technical folks are so organizationally challenged.
>
> It's true.
>
> However some people are trying to staunch the deluge, eg Norm Matloff
>
> http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/itaa.html
>
> I gave a talk at NC*SA about the topic 2 months ago and only 5 people
> turned up
>
> http://www.austintek.com/outsourcing/

So. When are you moving to India :->?

I love how Mrs. Democrat managed to dismiss Matloff as a fact twisting
geek and Indians as low-wage "servants".  Why not just be condescending
to everyone?  Nothing steams me more than pitiless remarks like hers
toward everyone involved.  There are valid issues on both sides of
the outsourcing and a shallow attitude like hers and others in
representative office is poor leadership.

One thing is certain. Mr Market will sort this all out. I am
skeptical that we can do anything politically to remove the power of the
Internet to move jobs around. If too many jobs go away,however, then
other dominoes will fall.  Depending on what you read the economy is
on the brink of deflation, stagnation, stagflation, or inflation.

http://www.fiendbear.com/guestpg6.htm
--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.