[TriLUG] FC1 not detecting USB camera

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at futeki.net
Thu Sep 30 14:30:11 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 14:10, linux r wrote:
> Hi,  I have a Canon Powershot S400 digital camera that I cannot seem
> to get to work with FC1.  I will plug it in and when I go into the
> digital camera tool, it does indeed have an entry for that model, but
> I go through the setup and it does nothing.

Try doing this just before you plug in your camera:
# tail -f /var/log/messages

Ctrl-C to break when done.  There should be some information printed
about what USB driver is used when the camera is plugged in.  Most of
the newer cameras just use the USB mass storage interface.  In that case
you'll see it being registered as /dev/sda or something similar.  Then
you can just mount that.
--
Timothy A. Chagnon <tchagnon at futeki.net>