[TriLUG] Drive Recovery Recommendations

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 16:25:55 EDT 2004

If the drive is not physically seized up and unreadable by something like
Knoppix Live CD, I have successfully used a program called GetDataBack (on
windows FAT and NTFS partitions, even with partition tables hosed), but I don't
think this does you any good if this is a Linux based partition, I can't recall
trying one; or if the drive isn't spinning.  I'd be curious to know what
trusted (and probably expensive) places you can send a drive off to for
attempted data recovery.  So sorry--hypothethically, of course--that I wasn't
much more helpful.  :)

laters,
David M.