[TriLUG] Planned Server Downtime

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 11:00:23 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you know that all the TriLUG servers will be down
for a short while (about an hour or so) this evening while we move the
home directories to a new machine and disk setup.   This will require
everyone currently logged into a trilug machine to log off. We will be moving
the global /home from it's current, temporary (although it's been there
for 2 years or so, it was always meant to be temporary) location on
moya to it's brand new location on a RAIDed disk on dargo.  With this
change, the default login server will change from moya to dargo.  If
you are using the login.trilug.org hostname to connect to the TriLUG
login server all you will need to do is to change your ssh host key
(i.e. delete the old one and accept the new one).  If you're not using
the login.trilug.org hostname, YOU SHOULD BE. :-)  Please use
service names (like login.trilug.org) instead of machine hostnames.
We won't be disabling login access to moya just yet in case you
forget, but that is in the plans for the future so don't plan on continued
shell access to moya.  Thanks.

The actual schedule for when the trilug servers will be down tonight
hasn't yet been finalized but I'll send out an e-mail when it is.  I will also
post a "wall" message on the login server giving everyone a 10 minute
warning to log off before being kicked off.

Cheers,
Tanner Lovelace