[TriLUG] Serendipity Installation

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 18:06:07 EDT 2004

I noticed that Joseph Tate was using S9y for a personal blog.  I
decided to try it out and I've run into a problem.

It complains about not finding a mySql extension. I did some googling
and I think that this is supposed to be in PHP by default. I'm running
redhat 9 with php, httpd, and mysql all installed from RPMS.

I put a file called info.php in my document root which invokes
phpinfo() and it is reporting that php was configured with the option
'--with-mysql=shared,/usr'

I know that MySql is installed and working with perl cgi scripts.

Any ideas?