[TriLUG] spam through images (image with text).

Rob Lockhart rlockhar at trilug.org
Wed Oct 6 22:53:22 EDT 2004

Jon Carnes wrote:

>  Also a lot of spam these days is encoded in a gif - so it looks
>  like a real message, but its simply an image. I don't think spam
>  assassin is doing too good a job against that currently.

I agree, Jon.  I noticed that Mozilla (full) and Thunderbird have a
feature which only allows images from the mail host to be viewed (thus
blocking the "new" form of email address validation for spamming
purposes).  I definitely enable that.  Not too sure how this could be
easily done on other clients, though.

Regards,
  -Rob