[TriLUG] mail server/spam question

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Fri Oct 8 16:23:05 EDT 2004

Trilugers,

I have heard about/seen several spam messages where the spam server
sending the message is from stderr.somedomain.com.  Has anyone run
across this?  As you would expect it comes from multiple domains. I
can't see anything significant about using stderr as a hostname, but
just thought I would run it by the list as maybe there is something
that I am missing.  If not it would potentially seem feasible to
filter on a host name of stderr to help shut off this type of spam.
Any comments, suggestions, or offers of free beer?  Oh sorry got off
track late on a Friday afternoon.

Matt