[TriLUG] qood-bye sendmail, hello qmail

Stan B. Briggs stan at StanBriggs.com
Fri Oct 15 10:51:58 EDT 2004

all,

many thanks to those that weighed in with opinions and suggestions on my
transition from sendmail to qmail. the site qmailrocks.org really does.

two minor issues continue to bug me:
1. the web based admin tools (vqadmin and qmailadmin) that the site
suggested both have the same problem: images do not display. i don't
care about the pictures, themselves, but, sometimes the images are the
link to some piece of functionality. the image/links were there at first
and are gone now. two different OSes (RH9 and win2k pro) with two
browsers (mozilla [1.4.2] and ie) yield the same results. in mozilla i
tried using image manager to specifically allow images from this site,
to no avail. i verified that the images are there. i'm stumped.

2. evolution is my client. when i try to add my 5th imap client i get an
error connecting to the imap server. it doesn't matter in what order
they are added it's always the 5th one. (i haven't tried a 6th one.)

any help is, as always, appreciated,

stan

Stan B. Briggs