[TriLUG] Dynamic IP headaches..

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Wed Oct 20 08:41:58 EDT 2004

Hey List,
  Am I correct in figuring that the combination of my home network having a
dynamic public IP, combined with the related lack of reverse DNS, will make
it impossible to use my dynip hostname in a hosts.allow (in conjunction with
a :ALL in hosts.deny) on a server at work?  In addition to of course being
periodically locked out when the IP changes..
  On a related note, what's a good source for IP ranges that are good to
block (such as offshore ranges, etc)?  I'm starting to grow weary of
Logwatch being filled with failed ssh connect attempts...
  So, now that I'm an official TriLUG member, Aaron, what were those member
benefits that Intrex offers for their DSL services again?...

Cheers,
~Brian

Brian A. Henning
Strutmasters.com