[TriLUG] SSL Certs

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 20:56:06 EDT 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:27:34 -0400, Mike Johnson <mike at enoch.org> wrote:
> Have you tried fressl?  They claim they aren't chained:
> http://www.freessl.com/faq.html#8
> But that's just what they're claiming, I'm hoping someone out there has
> used them.
>
> It looks -real- attractive to me, but I haven't tried it yet.  I suppose
> when I have a little more time, I could grab the starter cert and give
> it a shot.

Mike,

I've currently got one of their free 30 day certs.  It seems to be
the exact same as their normal certs, only it expires after 30 days.
I've tried it out in all the browsers I can find (Firefox, Safari, Konqueror,
IE) with good successs.  I'm planning on getting one of their 3 year
certificates.  Not bad for under $50.

Cheers,
Tanner