[TriLUG] Knoppix + chroot question

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Sun Oct 24 22:16:02 EDT 2004

you can run userspace programs from inside a chroot, but i don't think a
kernel is gonna work.

i think there are at least a few livecd linux distros that include the
necessary kernel and userspace programs needed for accel 3d support,
usually nvidia.

i remember one time a while back jeremy portzer was at my place and we
wanted to play bzflag.  he was using $WIFE's pc with knoppix (she used
win98 at the time, but runs linux now), which did not include bzflag.
it took a while but we somehow managed to get it working, unfortunately
i don't remember exactly how.  but it is possible.

jason