[TriLUG] Cross domain forwarding in sendmail?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 14:03:36 EDT 2004

I'm running a couple of apache applications, which keep an e-mail
address to allow users to contact me as well as to use to send me
notices when events of interest happen.

I prefer to use my gmail address for these since I almost always have
access to it.

But this means that the notices are coming from my machine, but saying
that they are from gmail.google.com. Now that google has implemented
the server checking protocol proposed by yahoo, it puts a warning that
such emails aren't really coming from gmail. I'm concerned that they
will turn this warning into throwing such emails away as spam.

So, I'd like to set up a local email address and have sendmail forward
any messages received   or sent by this address to my gmail address.

Whats the best way to configure sendmail and/or procmail to do this.
I'd gladly RTFM, but I can't figure out WPOTFMTR.