[TriLUG] How to dispose of old Li-Ion batteries

rwshep2000.2725323 at bloglines.com rwshep2000.2725323 at bloglines.com
Tue Oct 26 10:52:54 EDT 2004

I will confirm that I have taken even large batteries from broken UPSs to
Batteries Plus, and they've accepted them gladly.  Target advertises that
they offer collection too; but when I took my batteries to the Brier Creek
store, they gave me the old "huh?"  I wrote a letter to corporate, and now
the Brier Creek Target does collect the batteries.

Side note, I'm always
wary about what actually happens at Target/WalMart/Best Buy et. al.  I feel
most confident about Batteries Plus, because it's "what they do."

Bob Shepherd

--- Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list <trilug at trilug.org wrote:

Or just take them to Batteries Plus, or any other major battery reseller.

> They'll take them for recycling (or whatever it is they do with them)
for no

-----
26, 2004 9:37 AM
> Subject: [TriLUG] How to dispose of old Li-Ion batteries

> > The instructions that come with my replacement battery say that

> > they contain toxic material, not to dispose of them in landfills

(ie don't throw them in the household garbage) and to obey all
> > local
ordinances for disposal.

> > What should I do with the old battery?

> > Thanks Joe