[TriLUG] Samba and Windows Xp printing question

Ralph Blach rcblach at blach.dnsalias.org
Wed Oct 27 14:36:14 EDT 2004

I just got a laptop which has Windows XP and I have the samba printing
set up almost.

1) I added the printer
2) I mapped a network driver.

I found out that I cannot print unless I map a network drive.  Is there
anyway I can set up samba and XP so that it will
print without mapping a network driver.   Even when  they  are working,
the mapped printers show as unavailable.

I know this is basic but I cant seem crack the nut.

I am running redhat 9.0 with its default samba server.

Thanks in advance

Chip
--
Ralph "Chip" Blach