[TriLUG] Samba and Windows Xp printing question

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Thu Oct 28 01:43:54 EDT 2004

I found the "Starting LPR/LPD LAN Printer Installation" and "Identifying and Naming the
Printer" instructions from here:

   http://www.le.ac.uk/cc/dsss/docs/print-lpr.shtml

handy in figuring out how to do what Kevin tersely suggested below.

Be sure to allow port 515 in iptables on your RedHat 9 machine if you have iptables set up.

Worked like a charm!

Thanks,

Jeff G.

PS: Trying to print through Samba to CUPS is a piece of CRAP.  It is not basic.. It is
basically crap.  Don't feel bad that you couldn't get it to work.... I don't know of anyone
who has!