What is OK to post here [ Was Re: [TriLUG] OT: windows firewall ]

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Thu Oct 28 11:36:36 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 11:08, Jim Ray wrote:
> > In all 3 cases, I got suitable, informative and helpful replies
> > from other people on the list, who didn't have any problem
> > with my postings.
> >

> I'm glad you got helpful responses whatever the topic may be.  Folks that
> have a problem must hitteth thy delete key.
>
> Having the threat of privileges cancelled is *way* out of line and should be
> handled by the steering committee if TriLUG cares about member retention and
> future corporate sponsors of meetings.

Er.  No one (at least that I can see in the thread) mentioned canceling
privileges.

Also, for the pedant in all of us, the FAQ (http://trilug.org/faq/)
covers what appropriate content for the mailing list is.

1) This is *NOT* a Linux only list, it's F/OSS, so not everything has to
be Linux related.

2) The FAQ states that OT is going to happen, and we should just learn
to deal.  (Note that both Tanner and I and Jim Ray and Joseph Mack and
others have now violated this)

3) if we'd all just been quiet about what's appropriate, the thread
would have died, and we wouldn't have had anything to get upset about.

CJK
--
Chris Knowles <chrisk at trilug.org>