[TriLUG] disabling screen blanking

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Thu Oct 28 14:16:27 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 14:05, Brian Henning wrote:
> I don't know about Debian in particular, but I can attest to John's claim
> that it's not X that is messing with you.  A text login would do the same
> thing, and my guess is that it's an apm issue.  Check your BIOS, and also
> any apm software you may have running, for screen-blanking (or shut-off)
> options.
>
> Hope this isn't completely off-the-wall,
> ~Brian

<SNIP LOTS OF OTHER STUFF>

It could be an APM issue, but console blanking is turned on on debian.
After GTFW, for "linux console screen blanking" I found several
references to "setterm -blank N" where N is the number of minutes to
elapse before the console is blanked.  N=0 will disable this.

HTH

CJK

--
Chris Knowles <chrisk at trilug.org>