[TriLUG] yum install question

linux r linuxr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 21:25:51 EDT 2004

Hello there,

Q.  How do you know when yum (or another command) is hosed, when you
don't get any output?   Do you guys run commands with verbose output
specifically for this?

Like for example

yum install packagename

just sits there.  I have no idea whether it is brilliantly scanning
every place it can, or if it just crapped out on me.  [I know other
commands have -v outputs.  rpm -Uvh for example stand s basically for
Update, verbosely, and *print the friggin' hash marks, so I can tell
what is going on'!  ]

However, yum does not have a verbose feature.  What do you guys do,
anything differrent?

Thanks in advance

--
Marc

Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.
Ayn Rand