[TriLUG] SC nomination

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Sun Oct 31 22:49:50 EST 2004

i'd like to nominate john broome for the steering committee vacancy.
john has been an active trilug member for several years and
participates regularly in trilug events.  he's an also an active
combatant, i mean participant, in the #trilug IRC channel, and even
manages to attend meetings now and then.  john is consistently
friendly, helpful, and most importantly, funny.  i recall his recent
observation after a new OS installation:

<jbroome> I installed SUSE on a box, plugged it into the network, and
the mandrake box immediately surrendered.

please consider john when you vote at the next meeting.

jason

ps - i'd like to take this opportunity to thank jeremy portzer for his
contributions to trilug and wish him the most heartfelt success in his
new endeavor.  the trilug steering committee has seen some terrific
people over the years but i can't think of anyone who has been more
dedicated than jeremy.  whoever is elected will merely follow jeremy,
not replace him.  good luck heremy, we'll miss you!