[TriLUG] seeking advice for a bullet-proof mail server

Ryan Leathers Ryan.Leathers at globalknowledge.com
Fri Nov 5 10:34:18 EST 2004

My problem there Joseph is that I won't have the luxury of waiting.  In a
nutshell, this mail server is a component of a business process automation
plan.  Some number of the mail messages arriving will be the type that must
be delivered in near real time.  That's why I mentioned using LVS to
distribute incoming mail, or MX balancing. Its not about performance, just
reliability.  If a mail server dies I have to keep chugging even while it is
being recovered.  Queuing will not suffice except for the normal customer
mail.