[TriLUG] For Sale: 802.11b Lucent Orinoco Silver cards + 10/100 PCMCIA card

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 20:03:09 EST 2004

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 Lucent Orinoco Silver cards I don't need any more plus an ISA
PCMCIA adapter card for desktop use.  $10 for each Silver card, and
$20 for the PCMCIA ISA adapter or make offer.

Basic specs on the card are:
- IEEE 802.11b Compliant
- 64 bit WEP
- Compatible with Almost all flavors or Windows including XP and  CE,
Apple MAC OS flavors and Linux(intel)

For Linux use the orinoco_cs drivers that come with kernel.  For more
specific info checkout:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Orinoco.html

David Gibson is the author and maintainer of the Orinoco Linux driver
and has info here:
http://ozlabs.org/people/dgibson/dldwd/

I have used the cards under Debian, RedHat(classic b/4 Fedora) and Knoppix.

I also have a SMC 8040TX 10/100 Ethernet PCMCIA Network Adapter that I
know works with Windows and Linux.  I'm asking $10 for it.

Regards,

Mike