[TriLUG] joining the TriLUG keyring

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Nov 11 14:04:22 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 13:40 -0500, Kevin Sonney wrote:
> After that, well, it's up to the people who trust me if they trust
> you, you know? But many people wouldn't be as trusting (in a crypto
> sense) of your keys/signatures as I would.
>
> It's sort of a social interaction, friend-of-a-friend thing. If that
> makes sense.

Hi Kevin!

Good to hear from you!

OK, "friend-of-friend" makes some sense.  I just don't completely grasp
the concept of "how much" you should trust a GPG key or signature.
Having read the GPG FAQs more than once, the trust metric still seems
hazy.  Or maybe I'm dense.  Or perhaps trust is intrinsically a foggy
thing.  I have a nasty suspicion that the "dense" option is a likely
scenario.  ;-)

In any case, if theres a convenient (for you!) way to exchange key
signatures, I'd like to do it.

thanks!
Ed

--