[TriLUG] APC SmartUPS Cable

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Thu Nov 11 18:54:56 EST 2004

The only place I've seen them are on the APC web site.

They are proprietary in configuration and it seems that each model UPS has a different cable.

As usual, when the word proprietary is used the price is multiplied by two or three times.
You'll find your cables will run you at least $20.00 or so each.

If you can figure out which cable you need (each cable has a different model number) and the
cable matches one of the two that I am using, I will try to decode the cable pin-out using my
continuity tester so that you can make your own cable for a fraction of the cost.

These are the two cables that I am using:

940-0095B - BackUPS Pro 650 and Smart-UPS 1000
940-0020C - BackUPS 500

Additionally, you can get replacement batteries at Batteries Plus.  My Smart-UPS 1000 took
two $35 batteries.  Be sure to take your old batteries with you to Batteries Plus so that
they can recycle them.

Good luck,

Jeff G.