[TriLUG] broadband option in the Triangle area

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 12 14:03:10 EST 2004

Well, since those are my servers, it would have to be me.  Or my manager.
And, I'm going to go out on a limb on my manager's behalf, and say that
neither of us cares to be labeled as an asshole (well, maybe sometimes it's
okay, but this isn't one of them).  Trust me, we have better things to do
than hunt you down to mess with you.  Why your IP may have changed, I'm not
sure, but it could have to do with some need to move IP scopes between
CMTSes, a power outage at your location, or a number of other possibilities,
all of which are hazards of having a residential, or non-static IP
commercial account.  If you depend on that static IP, look into a commercial
account.  If you continue to purchase residential service, then caveat
emptor.  Sorry, but them's the brakes.

I'm not trying to be contentious here.  I just happen to take exception when
somebody blames "someone at TimeWarner", especially when that someone is me.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
 --Ben Franklin--