[TriLUG] Desktop Wireless setup

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Mon Nov 15 15:21:04 EST 2004

I have a Compaq Laptop with built-in Broadcom wifi. I use the Linuxant
driverloader and can say it works well for me. I had problems with the
NDISwrapper so after I did a trial of the Driverloader and found that it
just plain worked, I ended up shelling out the $19 bucks. Install is
easy, just figure our your kernel version, d/l the approprite version
and follow the instructions. You need to have you windows drivers
available and may need to get an earlier driver for your chipset to get
things working properly. I have built from source, and have used the
RPM's on Fedora Core 2 and just this past weekend Fedora Core 3. Only
complaint is that if you upgrade your kernel you need to uninstall and
reinstall the proper version and Kwifimanager just won't work with it.